Saturday, March 10, 2012

The plot thickens

Hey everyone,

So, tomorrow's the big meet-up with Jake, at long last. I talked to him for quite a while on the phone today. We're planning to meet up for lunch at a Greek restaurant and maybe see a movie afterward. I remember him mentioning a fondness for this one dessert place so I might suggest that as well. Apparently today he talked to his family back home over Skype, and he mentioned me!

Now it gets a bit more interesting . . . I heard back from Ben. I had emailed him mid-week to say I enjoyed meeting him, and to see if he would be interested in meeting up again. After the ambiguous way the first date ended last Sunday I wasn't sure whether to expect a response. However, I knew if I did get one it would probably not be until the weekend, since he's really busy right now at work. Well sure enough, today I got an email from him. He would like to meet up again, and proposed doing so next weekend.

Looks like I have a love triangle on my hands, haha . . . just kidding. I'll take it a step at a time for now. I'll meet up with Jake and see how that goes, then respond to Ben once I have an inkling about what to expect with Jake.

When did my life turn into a friggin' soap opera . . . :-)

In other news, I talked to YouTube Guy on the phone again today. We're actually becoming pretty good long-distance friends, haha. We've been swapping stories about our experiences with dating guys. It's really cool to have a friend like that! Not to mention my online buddies that I talk to fairly often, particularly ClosetCarGuy and GDUSA. Following others' progress while sharing my own is definitely a big help!

2 comments:

fan of casey said...

This kind of drama (too many guys to choose from) is the right kind to have. It makes real all those possibilities you have swirling about in your head. Good luck on meeting Jake and best wishes for a successful followup date with Ben. Perhaps this is the start of un-confusing your life a little.

Aek said...

Oh how the tables have turned for you. ;-) As you said, all in stride. I hope things work out well with Jake! I mean, that accent! ::Swoons::