Just a couple days until the weekend and I'll finally get to meet Jake. I am so out of my element, it's crazy. We've still been texting and emailing a lot, and being a bit flirtatious too which is totally unlike me. Well, at least unlike me until now!
The other night he texted me on my way home from work to see if I had some time to chat. When I got home I gave him a call and we ended up talking for an hour.
Things I'm liking about him:
1) He's extremely laid back and easy going, which is a trait that people I get along with well tend to have.
2) He's got a great, witty sense of humor. That's definitely a must in my book. He's a lot of fun to joke with. There's been some texts that I sent him that were pretty corny, causing me to second guess what I sent, but then he'll respond with something equally cheesy and crack me up.
3) We share a lot of common interests. We both love movies, traveling, video games, reading, and staying active. Also music, and he's got an interest in learning the guitar . . .
4) His accent. He could probably read me the index of an organic chemistry book and I'd be captivated, haha.
5) He seems to like me! It's not a one-way street with the communications. Either of us will initiate the conversation and pick up where we left off.
Today I sent him a joking message, saying I had something to do this Sunday but for the life of me couldn't remember what. He responded, saying he had the same feeling . . . then he remembered he was meeting up with a guy who 'sounds pretty hot.'
So, completely uncharted territory here. It's been fun, though. I'm trying to keep level-headed about it (key word "trying"). A huge weight off my shoulders is having two things out in the open already: my lack of having had a serious relationship before, and the fact that I am only out to a few people. Neither bothers him at all.
Just play it cool, SoCal, just play it cool . . .
5 comments:
It's natural to be anxious and nervous because this is still so new to you. It's good that you are cueing in on those common qualities but resist putting him on a pedestal; you will just create too high expectations of him. Don't be so enamored that you see and hear only what you want.
You're uncharacteristically bubbly in this post, haha. Take some slow deep breaths and just be yourself!
Bubbly??? Haha. How would I know if I'm being bubbly?
Haha, reading your post is leaving me almost as enthusiastic as you are! Have fun! :)
So, you finally get to meet Jake tomorrow?! can't wait to read your next post & to hear whether you liked each other in person in the flesh so to speak! BTW, I'm loving your blog!
William
Post a Comment