Hey all! Glad we all survived the Mayan Apocalypse. The holidays are over. I'm at Ben's right now, typing out this entry on my shiny new IPad mini. I like it a lot, I'm pretty much glued to it, haha. Any recommendations for cool apps?
The downside of the holidays is that I had to spend two weeks apart from Ben. He went to visit his family on the east coast while my parents drove over from the Midwest to visit our family here on the west coast. I talked to Ben every day and video chatted several times. He also got to video chat with my family members, including my parents, cousins, uncle and aunt. The trip was fun, and relaxing. Work has been crazy hectic since I've been back, though. And I've been stressing about applications. They're not going so well. I may need to try again, which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel my twenties dwindling. My cousin just turned 30 on Christmas Day, which is pretty crazy to think about.
Reuniting with Ben on Friday night was great. Yesterday he finally got to meet a couple of my best friends whom he hadn't met yet. They are brothers, and I have known them since I was six years old. They are also Mormon, so it took me a while to tell them about Ben for fear of how they would react. However, they are totally cool with it, and they got along great with Ben. We went to the beach and flew a kite (something I hadn't done since I was a kid). It was a special fitness kite that Ben got for Christmas. Afterward we saw "Django Unchained." Overall a very fun day.
I had an interesting experience during the night. Around midnight I woke abruptly to Ben leaping out of bed and running out of his room. I was very confused, and thought I detected the ground shaking. I had no idea what was going on. I thought it was an earthquake, and Ben had just ditched me and run away. I lay in bed dumbstruck and a little frightened. After several moments, Ben returned. He asked me, "What just happened? I woke up in the hallway." It turns out it was a night terror. Ben has a history of sleepwalking, but this was the first time I experienced it firsthand. As for the shaking, I could not find any reports of an earthquake at that time. Perhaps I was disoriented, or the bed was shaking from Ben's sudden departure. Also, Ben's housemate told us this morning that she heard Ben scream. Anyways, now that I've experienced Ben having a night terror I'll know what to expect if it happens again.
Until next time!
4 comments:
Wow! That night terror episode is scary. Is there any treatment for it?
I got my mom an ipad and teaching a senior citizen how to operate a computer, even a tablet, has been so frustrating. They don't listen to instructions. Plus she doesn't understand english that well, so we switched it to chinese language and now while she can read the instructions and notes on the screen, no one can help her because we cannot read the language. Siri is of limited help because it doesn't translate cleanly. Now we may be stuck with an ipad no one can truly operate. Augh!
As far as apps go -
facebook
shazam
yelp
words with friends
iheartradio
pandora
kindle
pinterest
vp tutor (poker tutor)
Your story about your boyfriend reminded me of my recent hallucinations, and i had to blog about it... lol
Happy New Year to ya!!
Some cool apps include: Flipboard, Pocket, Words with Friends, any social media app you wish. But seriously, check out Flipboard and Pocket - those 2 are amazing!
Best of luck on your applications. It's a stressful process.
I've never witnessed a night terror (and I didn't know they still happened to adults, thought it was most a children thing), but I have heard one of my roommate sleep-talk and sleep-laugh before. It's kinda creepy sometimes, lol.
Post a Comment