I was checking Google news today and came upon some stories about the debate between the Republicans running for the presidency. One of the top stories focused on Rick Santorum (haha, get it? yeah, I told you), who until today I knew little about. Apparently, he's quite the social conservative. In answering a question addressed to him from a newly out gay soldier, he pledged to reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell if he becomes president. He called the repeal of the policy "tragic," and an example of "social experimentation" in the military. He said that gay soldiers were actually better off under the policy. Most nonsensical of all? His justification for wanting the policy back: because "sex and sexual preference should not be an issue in the military, period." Um, yeah Rick, it shouldn't be an issue. That's an argument for why DADT SHOULD be appealed!
Mitt Romney's rep sounds like he did a good job of parroting the usual right wing talking points. "It was a mistake to make a social change like that in our military at a time when we are engaged in foreign conflicts." I guess that's the political equivalent of saying, "We think it's best to wait until hell freezes over. That will be the optimal time." Still, as of right now Mitt Romney seems like the candidate I would hate the least.
I hate to feel such disdain for the Republican candidates when so much of my family is hardcore Republican. If I do decide to vote for Obama to be reelected, I'd better not tell my dad. In his eyes, Obama is evil incarnate (literally, he has used the word "evil" multiple times to describe the president . . .)
Anyways, enough politics. My little silly countdown is at number 2. This choice will be a familiar one for this blog, as I've talked about him a couple of times in the past. He's my very favorite bisexual guy, Mike Manning from The Real World DC.
I'll throw in a bonus too, since I'm talking about The Real World. I totally forgot about this next guy when I was thinking of who to include on this countdown. I forget what season he's from, but he seems to have made quite a name for himself in the world of online fitness. His name is Scott Herman, and . . . damn. So hard to choose what picture to use. Here's a couple.
1 comment:
Good picks for #2. :-P
Post a Comment