Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chugging along

Been a while. I didn't really have much to talk about until now. Things are pretty good. I've been paying more attention to my sexuality as of late. I went back to the counselor a month or so ago, and she suggested I see someone who has more experience with sexuality issues.

So I've now seen a new counselor three times. The first two times we mostly discussed my background, my career issues, and some of my personality traits that cause me difficulty. Last time we spent the whole session talking about my sexuality. I'm really glad I'm seeing this new person, because she really seems to know her sex stuff. I guess she has sex therapy training and has worked with a number of people who have had difficulty figuring themselves out. I also had another chat with my cousin about the issue. It's helpful for me to compare his heterosexuality to my experiences. We talked about instances when attraction affects your behavior (such as my anecdote a couple entries ago when I downed my water super fast just so I had an excuse to get up and check out a guy). I'm really thankful I have someone close to me who's so rational, open-minded, and non-judgmental to talk to about these things.

In other news, I seem to have a bit of a crush on a guy at work. I don't see him much, though.

1 comment:

Aek said...

I'm glad there seems to be some kind of progress forward. It's good to have people to talk to that you can be totally open with. That's kinda hard to come by.