The sometimes confusing but always exciting journey toward finding my place in the world.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Bisexuality
I was thinking about bisexuality today. I wonder if there's different types of bisexuality. I was reading on a forum, and one person described being attracted to somewhat androgenous people of either sex (so, feminine guys or masculine girls) because they represented a little of "both worlds." However, I feel like other bisexuals prefer guys that are masculine and girls that are feminine. Maybe you could say the former group are "convergent" bisexuals and the latter are "divergent" bisexuals? Then maybe there's another group, more one-directional bisexuals that prefer either masculinity or femininity, but some of the preference spills over into both sexes. All this is pure conjecture, but I wonder if studies have been done about that. I guess it's a Google Scholar search away . . . but it's late and I'm tired, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Pretty sure bisexuality is a spectrum and a continuum. There are some bi people who're mostly straight or gay, but not completely. Idk if that's what you're getting at.
Not really . . . I know about the whole Kinsey scale idea. I was just thinking maybe it's even more complicated than that. The spectrum would explain the strength of the attraction to men vs. women. What I was talking about is what types of men and women different bi people might be attracted to (i.e., masculine vs. feminine in behavior/characteristics). Not super well thought out, just some thoughts.
I think there's more to the scale and to attraction then masculine/feminine behaviors.
Some one like Zac Efron acting feminine is still totally attractive or a woman like Megan Fox acting like a Hulk Hogan would be hard to resist if I was inclined towards her.
In a laboratory sense, I guess there would be an archtype provided but sexual attraction has so many components, it's almost impossible to test it.
Post a Comment