Bonus points to whoever knows what song the title of this post comes from.
Anyways, I've been talking to a counselor once a week for the past few weeks. It was something that I considered doing for a while, until I finally decided to try it out. Now, I'm a person who prefers to solve my problems on my own. However, after agonizing over these issues for the entirety of college, I was ready to recognize that I needed to try a new approach. I think that, combined with blogging/chatting, it is definitely helpful. Today I opened up quite a lot and it felt good to just talk about some of these things that I have been holding in so long and trying to deal with on my own.
I think I am closing in on what the problem is (or at least part of the problem). My sex drive seems to be a bit lower than the average guy. Let's say sex drive is like a compass needle. For many guys (straight or gay), the sex drive is rather strong, and consequently they have little trouble telling which way the needle points. Mine being a little weaker (whether it is naturally that way, or psychologically suppressed, or some combination I'm not really sure) makes it less obvious. It's not exactly a new discovery (I've known for a long time sexual fantasies don't come as naturally to me as they do for some), but for some reason it still feels like a revelation. Maybe I'm looking at it in a new light, as a possible explanation for my confusion. I feel like I'm on the right track as far as figuring this out. And I no longer feel like I have to face this completely on my own.
And in other news, I saw both a girl and a guy today that I thought were attractive. So, yeah . . . not much headway in that department, haha.
That's it for now. Oh, and thank you to all who have left me comments!!
1 comment:
For the moment, perhaps you shouldn't feel pressured to "choose" between girls and guys? Maybe relax a bit and see where life takes it course. Then again, it's easy to fall back into the routine and not getting anywhere. Still, nothing wrong with liking both. :P
Post a Comment