Monday, February 20, 2012

Interesting Day

So, I'm not going to do anything about the old school friend on Match. We were only friends in elementary school, went to different middle schools, and frankly I found out only recently that he went to my high school (we never had any classes together . . . maybe he didn't go all four years? I don't know).  In any case, I've made a big step in signing up on that website, and I'm not about to backtrack.

On that topic, I went on what I guess was my very first date with a guy today. He had messaged me on Match and we had corresponded back and forth. He seemed like a cool guy and we strangely enough had the same combination of majors in college, so I decided to ask him to meet up in person. We met in the city where he lives and ate lunch at a place on the ocean. Really nice place. He was cool, nice guy. I didn't really feel much chemistry though. But that's okay, I'm mostly in it to make friends right now. I'm thinking he felt the same way, as he suggested we hang out again sometime.

After that I talked on the phone with YouTube Guy for quite some time. I'm not used to talking so openly about topics such as sex, topics that used to be so taboo in my mind! I distinctly remember telling one of my good friends back in college that I was uncomfortable talking about sex. I was very repressed I guess. It's nice to be opening up finally.

I've also been corresponding with another guy on Match.  This one lives in my city and is from Australia!  Already the communication seems to be a bit more natural than with the first guy, and we have a lot in common.  And did I mention he's from Australia?  He's going out of town on a business trip for the next 2 weeks so any meet ups will have to wait, but he suggested we chat online during that time.

Oh, and he's from Australia. Best accent in the world.

G'night mates!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm always amused at how many guys from elementary through high school ended up coming out- I pegged so many of them as gay. It's pretty weird, but usually everyone is cool with each other.

Aek said...

Hahaha, Australian accents certainly do rock. :-P Best of luck with it all!!