Monday, October 3, 2011

YouTube updates

I'm happy to report that one of my favorite YouTube vloggers, jacobyoutubification, has started to make videos again. Check him out!

I also randomly found the channel of another user that seems pretty cool. He just started it and has been documenting his coming out process as a bisexual. He's also a PhD candidate in neuroscience, which struck pretty close to home for me since that's what I almost did.

There's still a part of me that wishes I'd gone through with it, I guess . . .

Oh well, life's too short to focus on the past. I need to keep my eyes on the future. Overall I can say now that I'm comfortable with the decision I made, and I'm determined to figure out how I can make a contribution to humanity without having to give up things that are important to me (like living near family, a stable career, etc.) I've been pulled many different ways over the past year, but now I feel like I'm a bit more confident about what it is I want in respect to a career. I'm learning to resist the urge to over-analyze, and I'm also increasingly accepting that I may have to sacrifice some things that might be desirable. You can't have everything after all, at least, not all at once. Eventually I'll discuss my most recent thought processes more on this blog, but I don't want to jinx it for now, haha. I'll wait a bit until things are a little clearer, and I'm a bit more committed.

2 comments:

Aek said...

So are you going to say on here what you've (finally?) decided on? :-P

SCalRF said...

Eventually.