Tuesday, September 6, 2011

ABCs and Job Craziness

First of all, if you live in Southern California, check out 100.3 The Sound. I've liked the station for quite a while, but they really won me over this past week with their A to Z playlist. They've been going through a catalog of more than 2000 songs, all in alphabetical order. It's like heaven for the slightly obsessive compulsive music lover in all of us. Or just me. Right now they're playing "Your Wildest Dreams" by The Moody Blues, and right before was "Your Time is Gonna Come" by Led Zeppelin. Alas . . . we're nearing the end of the Y's and I can't imagine there will be very many Z songs . . .

Anyways . . . last week was nuts. Over the weekend I moved into a new place. Monday, I was informed by my boss that I was getting laid off in two weeks. I was understandably quite flustered by this (oo, now it's "You're All I've Got Tonight" by the Cars . . . sorry, distraction).

Wednesday, I was informed of another open position at the place I work. Thursday I went to talk to talk to the person who would be my supervisor, which went well. So now I'm being offered that position. Same pay, but more responsibilities and it sounds like it will be more interesting. So what started out as an extremely bad situation actually seems like it might work out for the best.

This past weekend started out uneventful. But on Saturday my cousin from Nor Cal gave me a call and told me he would be coming down to LA . . . the next day. So I ended up hanging out with my two cousins (the other lives down here) for the holiday. We went to Magic Mountain, which was a nice break.

Now I'm in my last week at my current position, so I need to wrap things up and get ready to start my new job. All this while I still try to form the plan of my next steps. Hopefully the new job will be a smooth transition.

"You're So Vain" by Carly Simon. I knew that one was coming.

2 comments:

Mike said...

You're very lucky that you are still going to have a job and can easily move into a new position!

I'm digging 100.3 also this week.

Aek said...

Wow, so many things in flux! Good to ya with whatever happens! :-)