Great responses to the last entry! Yep, all those kinds of things (success, etc.) are very subjective. Ever notice how people are always trying to inject objectivity into things that are totally subjective? I think of that every time I see one of those aggravating "Best Careers" lists. I was looking at one today, with an extremely complicated methodology involving assigning point values to various job characteristics, stresses, etc. It's so arbitrary, and totally disregards the whole personal interest factor, which at least for me is huge. I'm not even sure what use such a list would serve for anybody. Oh well. Lists of rankings like that won't go away any time soon. We wouldn't want those journalists at the US News & World Report to be out of work.
I had dinner with my parents tonight. It's the last time I'll see them before they drive back across the country. My mom made a comment about how I sounded depressed when I answered the phone earlier in the day (yikes, is it that obvious??) Talking to them did make me feel better, though. They told me what I already know, that it's pointless to keep obsessing about a decision that's already been made, that I did have valid reasons for making that decision, and that I need to move forward. It helps to hear it from others, sometimes I believe them more than myself, ha ha.
I will move forward.
1 comment:
:-)
I never really looked at those "Best Career" lists. Most of them aren't anything I'd want to do anyhow.
Post a Comment